This course will be packed with ideas for making contemporary Christmas decorations, using foraged materials from woodland, hedge and garden. If you would like to make more natural looking decorations and spend time, not money, then this day will be really interesting.
The tutor will show you how to make a contemporary wreath, twiggy stars, wild woodland garland, funky tree decorations, table arrangements, festive place setting and gift-wrapping ideas.
Timetable for one day courses
Students should arrive by 9am for registration.
Classes are from 9.15 - 5pm
Lunch is included.
- Materials, including: wire, string, paint and supplementry foliage, etc.
What students need to bring
- Very useful to bring along:
- Evergreen foliage from hedge, woodland or garden
- Sticks and twigs (painted or unpainted)
- Match pots of unused paint for painting decorations
- Any foraged foliage (Please ensure you have the permission of the landowner, before you forage.)
- Particularly useful would be: willow, hazel, birch or larch sticks and twigs – however, West Dean will be supplying materials for use
- Any festive decorating items to upcycle
- Very important to bring along:
- Any art materials or paints
- Coloured string, twine, wire or tape
- A notebook and a camera are useful for recording ideas and the process
- Pens, paper, etc.
Available to buy
- Available from shop:
- Notebook, pens, pencils
Please wear appropriate clothing/aprons for the workshop or studio, this includes stout covered footwear (no sandals or open toes).