During the day, you will learn how to make three completely different plant-based projects. There will be three sessions, which include:
1. Kokedama – this is the art of suspending plants, without pots, in mossballs. During this session, you will learn about different substrates that make up a good soil, how to pick the perfect plant, as well as a small introduction to macramé!
2. Closed terrarium – during this session, you will learn how to plant up your very own demijohn, so you will have your very own garden in a bottle.
3. Living wreath – using succulents and fresh moss, the tutor will guide you in how to make a wreath that will live and grow throughout the year.
Timetable for one day courses
Students should arrive by 9am for registration.
Classes are from 9.15 - 5pm
Lunch is included.
- On this course, the tutor will supply all of the materials, including: plants, soil, moss, a metal ring and a demijohn.
What students need to bring
- Please bring along an apron and notebook
Please wear appropriate clothing/aprons for the workshop or studio, this includes stout covered footwear (no sandals or open toes).