Have you ever thought that you would love to learn how to make jewellery but are not sure what is involved, and whether you would enjoy and have an aptitude for working in silver? Before you sign up to a longer course, come and try making a simple collection of three bangles and see how you feel.
This one-day course will introduce you to the basic tools and processes, and teach you how to make three bangles, one round section, one half round and one square section, and with the option to twist if you choose. The day will take you through the basic skills of sawing, filing, annealing, soldering and polishing.
Hopefully, this will inspire you to learn more and develop your skills in this fascinating discipline. You will have made three bangles by the end of the day.
Timetable for one day courses
Students should arrive by 9am for registration.
Classes are from 9.15 - 5pm
Lunch is included.
- Basic tool kit
- Silver for bangles
- 250mm of 2mm round silver wire
- 250mm of 2mm square silver wire
- 250mm of 3mm x 2mm half round silver wire
- Please note, if the silver price increases considerably, you may be asked to pay a surcharge.
What students need to bring
- An apron
- Shoes that cover your feet
- Hair tie, if you have long hair
Available to buy
- Available from shop:
- Silver can be purchased from the College Shop, which stocks a range of sheet, wire, rod, tube and findings. These will be available in set sizes and lengths suitable for a wide range of projects.
Please wear appropriate clothing/aprons for the workshop or studio, this includes stout covered footwear (no open toes or sandals).