Every new garden starts with an idea. You will learn the basics of how to transform your ideas into a plan on paper that can be used to develop or re-develop your garden. Through a series of exercises, you will explore the starting points for designing a garden.
At the end of the day, you will:
• be able to apply some of the basic principles of designing a garden
• be able to undertake the basic stages in the process of designing a layout plan
• be able to consider some choices of hard landscaping and planting in a garden
Timetable for one day courses
Students should arrive by 9am for registration.
Classes are from 9.15 - 5pm
Lunch is included.
What students need to bring
- Please bring a notebook and basic drawing equipment, such as a mechanical pencil, eraser, set square and tracing paper. (These items can be purchased from the West Dean Craft Shop.)
- It would also be advisable to bring cameras, coloured pencils and plant reference books if you have them at home.
- Some images of your own garden would be really helpful, and, if you have a measured survey, that would be useful, but not essential.
Please wear appropriate clothing/aprons for the workshop or studio, this includes stout covered footwear (no sandals or open toes).