Why study here?
Choose to study arts, conservation, or design at an internationally renowned specialist college, fully partnered with the University of Sussex.
Spanning two locations in the stunning West Sussex countryside, and London’s bustling Design Centre, West Dean offers a cross-disciplinary environment and a focus on hands-on skills with vocational application. Students benefit from working on live projects, learning from industry-leading tutors, and access to state-of-the-art facilities.
Internationally recognised for excellence in conservation, arts and design education – offering the best platform to prepare you for a successful career in your chosen industry.
Alumni can be found in prestigious galleries, museums and organisations worldwide, as independent conservators, artists, makers, and designers.
We’re proud to offer:
- Talented tutors and a low student to tutor ratio
- Exceptional studio spaces and fully equipped workshops
- Bursary and scholarship opportunities
- Courses validated by the University of Sussex
- Fantastic facilities - including exhibition space, a specialist arts and conservation library, an analytical laboratory and an artist-in-residence programme
- A dedicated careers service
- Strong links to the heritage, arts and design sectors